Website Independent Search Solutions Ltd
My client who designs and develops a range of consumable Medical Devices used across the Healthcare Sector has a need for another Senior R&D Engineer.
This role will see you working on a range of Projects with a focus on early-stage development.
Based on the west coast of Ireland this facility has growth plans for its R&D Team and opportunities to move into Senior Management for Engineers who want to develop their careers.
There is the option for Hybrid working, but we need you 60% on site and as such you will need to relocate to the area if you do not already live within commuting distance.
As well as a Signing Bonus (€) there is also a competitive Relocation Allowance (€) – APPLY TODAY
Senior R&D Engineer / Medical Device R&D / Research & Development Engineer / Design Controls / R&D Manufacturing / New Product Introduction / Material Science Engineer / Polymers / AutoCAD / Medical Device / Mayo / Ireland
We will also consider hiring this role at Engineer Level, 3-5 Years’ experience (€55k – €65k Basic)
Job Title: Senior R&D Engineer
Location: Co. Mayo
• Full Time / Permanent (Mon – Fri) 60% On-site
• €80k – €85k+ Basic (Dependent on Experience & Open to Negotiation)
• Annual Bonus
• Health Insurance
• Paid Annual Leave
• Relocation Package (€)
The Senior Research & Development Engineer will be capable of utilizing their expertise and skills in the successful development of new products. Working collaboratively in a cross functional environment you will successfully complete project goals and will be capable of interfacing with senior management within the organization.
• Representing the product development function in cross-functional product commercialisation teams from Front End Innovation through to Commercial Launch
• Design and development of new products, including concept development, high-level design feasibility, prototype development, detailed design, test method development, design verification/validation, shelf-life determination, and product commercialisation
• Application of both new and existing technologies, materials, and processes to deliver the optimum product design ensuring the establishment of excellent standards of performance
• Liaising with clinicians and with customers to understand their needs and to therefore optimize product functionality and performance
• Preparation of technical documentation in accordance with regulatory and design control requirements and with the company’s development processes
• Developing a high level of understanding of internal customer requirements
• Conducting sophisticated analysis of data and developing detailed reports documenting results, conclusions, and recommendations
Company: An established Multinational with Manufacturing and R&D facilities on-site in Ireland. Manufacturing a range of disposable Medical Device Products used across the Healthcare Sector.
• Third Level Degree (Hon) in Mechanical / Biomedical Engineering or Materials / Polymer Science. A Masters or PhD in Engineering or Material / Polymer Science is a distinct advantage
• 5-8 Years commercial experience in a R&D role, Medical Device Industry
• Experience in medical device design principals, material selection, design concept validation and test method development is required
• Experience of working under medical device design controls, with proven knowledge of design verification/validation and design/process FMEAs is required
• Demonstrated understanding of various types of manufacturing, mechanisms, materials, tolerance-analysis and design-for-manufacturing is required
• Experience of medical device regulations including GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), QSR (Quality Systems Regulations) and ISO quality requirements is required
• Strong initiative and follow through in executing project responsibilities, overcoming obstacles and balancing multiple priorities effectively through strong technical and/or project leadership experience is required
• A demonstrated track-record of being part of successful cross-functional product development teams is required
• Excellent problem solving, decision making, and root cause analysis skills are required.
• The ability to effectively communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to all levels of the organisation is required
• Proficiency with MS Office suite is required
• Proficiency with CAD software is required
If you would like to be considered for this fantastic opportunity, follow the links below and send me your CV.
Alternatively give me a call to 00353 (0) 87 25 35 247, Just ask for Patrick.
Key Words: Senior R&D Engineer / Medical Device R&D / Research & Development Engineer / Design Controls / R&D Manufacturing / New Product Introduction / Material Science Engineer / Polymers / AutoCAD / Medical Device / Mayo / Ireland
Independent Search Solutions (ISS Ltd) is as the name suggests an Independent Recruitment Agency that aims to treat all its applicants with the up-most respect and in a professional manner. With a Company code of practice in place, you can be assured that your details will not be shown to any of ISS Ltd’s clients without your consent.
To apply for this job please visit independentsearchsolutions.com.