– Turn up early: I have never seen a candidate get a job after being late to a meeting
– Dress appropriately: Hard to define but use your common sense, most IT Companies have a dress down code, but professional businesses don’t
– Listen: Yes talking to much is never a good sign, listen to what is being asked, answer specifically with examples, don’t talk over people and be willing to concede you don’t have answers for every question
– Be Your-self: No one wants to hire an actor, it is ok to be nervous
– Over Sell Your-self: You are not the best Sales Man, IT Developer, Office Manager in the world; there is nothing wrong with being proud of your achievements, but humility is a great personnel trait
– Under Sell Your-self: This is not the time to clam up, you have been asked to Interview as you have the skills & experience on paper, you just need to communicate this
I have placed over 100 people in professional roles in many different industries and I have seen everything that can go wrong and go right in an Interview.
If you would like to discuss your up-coming Interview please feel free to get in contact.
HR & Recruitment Director ISS Ltd
Tel: 00353 (0) 98 238 00
Mobile: 00353 (0) 87 25 35 247
Independent Search Solutions Ltd – Sales, Marketing & IT Recruitment