The territory you cover as a Sales Rep in Ireland can have a huge impact on your ability to hit your target and the quality of your life.
It is a constant in Ireland that all roads lead to Dublin, and this is no more so than in Sales. With such a large population and centralisation of government if you work in Medical Sales you don’t want to miss out on the “big smoke” if you want the big bucks.
Have you considered the other Territories that pepper our country.
- The North: Or the NI Territory, also referred to as the wee six, this Territory always looks for you to be based ideally in Belfast or the counties of Antrim, Down, Armagh or Louth as all the Key Hospital Accounts and Population are in the Northeast.
- NI & Border Counties: This is a rural heavy Territory which can see you clocking 2000km a month with a lot of isolated Hospitals in Donegal, Tyrone, Fermanagh, Monaghan & Cavan.
- M1 Corridor: Probably one of the most lucrative and easiest Territory to cover, with two large cities (Belfast and Dublin) on either end of both ample road and train infrastructure, but also the most competitive.
- Dublin / Leinster: Or the Dublin / East Territory. By far the most popular Territory I recruit for. With Dublin at the centre, you can spend as much time travelling through Dublin as covering the rest of the province.
- Dublin / North / South: Also referred to as the Dublin Split. The river Liffey is used as the dividing line all the way to Athlone and a sales rep covers north of the line and someone else covers south of the line.
- Southeast: Probably the hardest territory to fill for companies as it lies exactly halfway between Cork and Dublin. You need to be based on Territory.
- Cork / Munster: Or Cork / South. Surprisingly never Limerick / South, they always want the Rep in the south of the province.
- Galway / West: Might be Galway and Connaught, Galway and Limerick plus Sligo and can even go as far as Donegal down to Kerry, or everything west of the Shannon, known in the business as To Hell or to Connaught, probably one of the toughest of all the Territories.
In Hospital Sales the clients really need you based on Territory, particularly for Surgical Sales as many of the operations are first thing in the morning. So, if you are looking to break into this business or switch from your current territory; ISS Ltd offer Relocations Packages (€) for certain roles.
Why not review are current live roles on the company website and see if a New Territory for the New Year is something you want to consider.
HR & Recruitment Director ISS Ltd
Mobile: 00353 (0) 87 25 35 247